LAVASA – One of a Kind City (Most Famous LAVASA Places to Visit)
Lavasa, India’s first famous planned city, situated near Pune in Maharashtra, is a project based on Italian town Portofino. It’s a privately planned hill station which offers a lot to the tourists from mesmerizing views to well-developed infrastructure like hotels, malls, residential areas, IT companies etc. It is a totally new city that is still being developed.
This controversial city of India, was visualized by Nationalist Congress Party’s (NCP) Sharad Pawar who wanted to make a fully urbanized city which has best in-class infrastructure. This project is being developed by HCC. This master plan has won 3 Global Awards. The history of this project begins when Sharad Pawar was ready to get flown from Mumbai to Pune in a helicopter where he spotted a large vacant land in Maharashtra. Then there, he thought to plan a new model city which now has came out to be ‘Lavasa’. Here is a Lavasa City Video you can enjoy watching.
Planning for Lavasa –
Phase I- Dasve will be operational from 2010 with almost 1,000 villas and 500 apartments. The development of Phase II would be ready by 2014. The third and fourth phases were decided to be ready by 2017 and 2021, respectively. Lavasa is big controversial city in which the controversy about drawing water from the Varasgaon Damas the Varasgaon Dam is primary source of water for Pune city. Also, Pune city already faces water shortage. Another controversy is about how forest lands are given for commercial purposes.
Tourist Attractions in Lavasa –
- The Temghar Dam: Temghar Dam on Mutha River is a must visit place in lavasa. Its splendid beauty will leave you stunned. It’s a great blend of man’s and nature’s creations.
- Indore Golf Recreation: It is one of the best places to visit in Lavasa City. This place guarantees you with some best of fascinating technology inventions. It also has Putt Golf courses and is the best place in Lavasa to have fun. Experience the thrill of Golfing here.
- Adventure sports & Xthrill Adventure Academy: Camping amidst the natural surroundings with all luxuries, unusual yet perfect outing, all of your adventurous activities like Waterfall Rappeling, Rock climbing, Cycling, Riffle shooting, Valley crossing and much more. Isn’t all this together sounding so weird yet awesome at the same time? Yes, this is the place that will offer everything for you in a single package. Here, you can enjoy all kinds of adventurous activities.
- Bamboosa: The best of bamboo crafts can be found here and nowhere else. For interiors of your restaurants, homes, offices all kinds of décor items can be found here. It’s the biggest market of bamboo craft.
- Lakeshore Watersports: On the banks of Warasgaon Lake, is the most known place for water sports in Lavasa. It has innumerable types of water sports to offer. Enjoy the water crafts i.e., jet ski here for much exciting experience. Kayaking is also the best option here.
Things To Do in Lavasa –
- Experience the HoHo Bus: It is the most unusual kind of bus. Here you can see ot travelthe city in this bus. It is a semi-open bus which offers .a very exciting experience.
- Try different activities at Country Club: The Country Club of Lavasa is specially designed for fun activities. In case, if you are staying in a hotel then most of the activities are free of cost and some can also be chargeable.
- Enjoy the Lake facing restaurants: Homemade bakery, Pizzas, Italian pizzas, chaat, cafes etc all kinds of places are available here with wonderful views. So try them out.
- Try being adventurous: Lavasa offers so many kind of activities which are camping, trekking, or water sports in Lavasa. Have a thrilling experience enjoying them.
You must visit: These 20 Places before you Die
Activities in Lavasa –
- Cruise Boats
- Personal watercrafts (Jetski)
- Bumper Boats
- Pedal Boats
- water sports in Lavasa
- Nature trail
- Splash Pad
- Hop-on Hop-off Bus
- Waterfall Safari
Unique Infrastructure of Lavasa City –
Lavasa is a careful balance of nature and modern amenities. It has spectacular bright buildings. They are all made up of bright sunny colors. The Temghar Dam in Lavasa is the best of its creation. Surrounded by hills, this breath-taking views of Temghar Dam leaves tourists fascinated by its beauty. It’s the most popular picnic and camping site.
Stay in Lavasa City –
For staying in Lavasa, there can be numerous options for you. Either you can use Airbnb it could be a very good option. Or you can stay in hotels available there. Yes the hotels are costly but many hotels have discounts going on. So stay updated about these offers and packages for a wonderful experience. You can get a really comfortable place to stay and at incredibly low prices through Airbnb. Also, there are thousands of hotels you can choose from. For dinner or lunch, there are top restaurants in Lavasa which offer the best of food items.
Arrangement for Vehicles in Lavasa –
The services for hiring a vehicle whether a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler is available in Lavasa. These services are very easily available near that area. You can look for any towing services company in that area and can easily contact them. They give you the service according to a per day charge or per km. Also some discounts and packages are available in such services, so one should be aware of such offers and be updated. You can also easily hire a car on easy rentals through Zoom on an affordable price.
You may also like: Best places to visit in Goa, India (A complete guide)
How to reach Lavasa from Mumbai or Pune-
Reach Lavasa from Mumbai:
You can take a taxi or a cab from Mumbai to Lavasa. Another option could be to take a bus as Lavasa has its own Bus stand and is connected to almost all major cities of Maharashtra which would take approximately 4 hours to reach there.
Reach Lavasa from Pune:
Pune is at a distance of 22km away from Lavasa. It can easily be reached in less than half hour. There are various buses and cabs available for Lavasa.
Pin this image:-