Place name:- Alibaug
Alibaug is famous as a beach town and one of the most popular weekend getaways from Mumbai. It is the ideal place for a chilled-out, do-nothing kind of holiday. Alibaug is famous for a beach town, water sports and one of the most popular weekend gateways from Mumbai, and If water sports activities (Kihim beach) excite you, this place means heaven to you. The thrilling water sports activities and the green surroundings mesmerize you. The place is located at the heart of nature where one can witness and feel the beauty and understand nature communicating its divine beauty. The best time to visit this place is during the rainy season.
How to reach there?
- By Ferry:- The fastest way to travel to Alibag from Mumbai is by taking the ferry service available from Gateway of India.
- By bus:- Buses are available on daily basis. You can pick the bus according to your schedule. The bus takes around 4-5 Hrs to reach Alibaugh, Ticket Price: -Rs.160
- By Train:- Train is also the best way to travel to alibaug, reach Panvel railway station and then take the bus to Alibaug which takes around 1 hr to reach alibaug.
What to do or Must visited places?
- Enjoy water sports at kihim beach
- Visit alibaug beach which is the nearest beach to alibaug bus station
- Visit Kolaba fort
- Nagaon beach
- Murud janjira fort which is also a famous fort in alibaug
- Visit Kihim Beach
Where to stay?
Kulpe farmhouse is good, which is near to kihim beach and have good food and facilities.
And you can also book your hotel according to your budget.
- Visit Nagao beach nearby (an auto could take around 100 rupees and drive you to & fro)
- Don’t miss the early morning 6 am fish market, a very exciting and energetic everyday event.
- Eat loads of fried fish, tender coconut, and typical Maharashtrian thali.
- Capture the picturesque sunsets and relax!