A day in Paradise – Nainital
I am Sakshi Ahuja, despite being a software engineer and I love writing articles and stories. Also, specifically as I love traveling so mostly I end up writing travel related articles. This is another beautiful journey to Nanital From the hectic life schedule, me and all of my friends went on an exciting short trip to Nainital. We were approximately 40 students.
We started our journey by train. All of us got different seats in different compartments. We wanted to sit together and enjoy talking, singing, laughing as we had started our journey from Rajasthan and the way was of 12 hours so we couldn’t sit separately. So we requested other people to exchange the seats and fortunately, all of them agreed.
As we were 40 of friends, it was a large group so we had so much fun, we made fun of each other, played so many games. This train experience was the most amazing, irreplaceable and unforgettable for the rest of our lives. None of us slept that night. After 12 hours of amazing journey, we reached the last station kathgodam now we had to take taxis from there to go to Nainital.
It was early in the morning and nothing was planned like where to stay, how to travel to Nainital etc. First of all, we started clicking pictures on the station itself then the people there told us about a nearby dam so we all went to explore that area.
The dam was near us but the way for reaching it was very difficult. We had to cross a small kind of lake whose water was reaching above our knees. The view was so beautiful, so soothing as water made its noise while flowing. The voice of flowing water was so beautiful. We were so close to nature.
There were big rocks so we sat on them for an hour. Some were talking, some were clicking pictures, some were enjoying such a beautiful feeling with nature.
After that now we had to take rest as we were wet too we had to arrange a hotel. We couldn’t wait like this to go to Nainital and then have a hotel there. So we searched a nearby hotel and booked a few rooms there only near the station. There we took rest, ate something and explored the nearby market, restaurants, and tourist places.
Our whole day went like this. At night, in the rooms, we again gathered in a room and started playing, dancing, playing cards, antakshari etc.
The next morning, we arranged 5-6 taxis as we were so many friends and started the journey to Nainital. As we had gone to Nainital in off season time so everything, every road was covered with clouds. We could hardly see the places away from us as there were clouds everywhere. It seemed like we are in heaven between the clouds. The place was looking so pretty in the clouds that its beauty can’t be explained in words.
First, we saw was the Naini lake. In between the clouds, the lake and boats in them was such a mesmerizing view. We decided to do boating then. Suddenly, it started raining there. We were scared of boating in the rain but still, we did. It was so pleasant experience. Clouds, rain, boating in the lake with the perfect weather, what else someone would need.
It was literally a heaven, kind of a fairytale scene where everything was white because of the clouds. After boating, we took some guides who showed us the 12 Nainital points.
- The first one was the lover’s point. The place was so beautiful it truly went with its name. Such a peaceful and lovely place was truly meant for lovers.
- The second one was the suicide point. Suicide Point in Nainital is one of the most visited tourist spots, it is located near the Lover’s point Nainital. Both these places are popular for the amazing and spectacular scenic view they provide to the tourists. Love and Death go together in Nainital. Contiguous the cliff of lovers point there lies suicide to point the awfulness of everything.
- The view from the suicide point is no less glorious from that of a significant others point. Many people have jumped off from this point and committed suicide and that is how this point got such a controversial name.
- The next was the snow-view point. Snow View Point is one of the most attractive tourist spots in Nainital. It is around 3 km away from the town and is reachable by a cable car or ropeway. The peak offers an amazing view of the beautiful town and breathtaking snow covered mountains.
- Next comes The Naini peak. The Naini Peak gives a magnificent panoramic view of the snow-capped Himalayas and an excellent view of the Nainital city. The peak is famous for trekking and horse riding in Nainital. The crowd is almost nil so one can enjoy peace in the lap of nature.
- Our next spot was The Nainital zoo. The zoo had several exotic and endangered species of animals and birds which are native to this region. Spot Snow Leopard, Hill Fox, Siberian Tiger, Palm Civet Cat, Wolf, Barking Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, White peacock and many more species here.
- Then comes the Naina Devi Temple. Naina Devi temple rests over the banks of Naini Lake and is a popular place to see in Nainital in May & June. It is believed that Goddess Sati’s eyes fell at the exact same spot where this temple stands, which attracts a great number of devotees. It is the most peaceful place in Nainital.
- Then the guides took us to Bhimtal, which was again a lake. Amongst the many lakes, Bhimtal is one of the most serene places to visit near Nainital. The lake is beautifully centred amidst green mountains and a small island at its center. Bhimtal offers splendid views of nature.
- The last was the Eco Cave Garden. One of the best places to visit in Nainital, the Eco Cave Gardens are a fascination for tourists, especially for children. The park comprises of seven caves which can be reached through a narrow and winding road. Eco Cave Gardens are among the best spots to hang out with family and friends, where everyone can relax and unwind amidst the natural surroundings. Also, there were rides for children to chill and enjoy.
and the trip ends with lots of memory
Visiting these spots was so good to experience and adventurous. As we got to climb on mountains, it was a small trekking kind of experience. The perfect cloudy weather made our journey more exciting. After these spots, we went to mall road for shopping. There was too good handcraft material worth buying.
The market was good enough. In the Nainital market, the best thing was the beautiful candles. They had a super amazing collection of candles and candle stands. There was every kind of candles which are rarely seen at any other place.
The candles of Nanital
The candles with unique shapes, unique colors, unique fragrance were available there. The chocolate sweets and the candles are the most famous things of Nainital. Nainital is all around famous for its chocolate sweets and the candles.
The rain at that time enhanced the beauty of the place with clear washed roads and clouds towering down to our feet. It was the offseason, so it saved us of all the tourist rush and we enjoyed the beautiful place in its serenity. After enjoying in Nainital for the entire day, at night we came back to the station and started the journey back to our home, Rajasthan.
This unplanned visit of ours to Nainital in offseason i.e, in the rainy season, fortunately, turned out to be the best of all time in the beautiful rain inside the clouds.
“Travelling is so unexpected. You never know, when even a small tour to a small place can become the most adventurous and admirable trip of all times.”